Sunday, September 21, 2008

Discourtesy @ the gas station

So, tonight I went to put some gas in my car. It was near Windy's place (meaning far away from the ghetto), so I assumed that even though everyone and their momma was gettin gas the same time I was, it wouldn't be bad because we're not in the ghetto... WRONG!

As Q and I waited patiently for one of the three vehicles to move, cars started piling up behind me. the car at the center pump pulled out and as I began to move towards the open spot, the car behind me swooped around and tried to cut the line. My car was partially blocking the lane but this guy still tried squeezing past. I rolled down my window and began to berate this asshole for jumping the line and not respecting the pecking order, if you will. Hand gestures, everything. This guy stops his car but rather than clear the lane so I can get through, he backs up to the point where his car is even with mine, rolls down his window and wants to argue with me. I never gave him the chance as verbal barbs began flying from my mouth.
"Hey, dipshit, do you not see that there was a line?"

"Do you realize how rude you're action is?"

"I bet you never wait for anything!"

I bet you don't respect shit!"

"I bet your family hates you!"

"You look like a manager of some sort, I bet your employees want you to jump off the roof of your own fuckin' building!"

"You do realize that they kick people out of Disneyland for cutting in line?"
(My personal favorite.)

When I was catching my breath, he quipped, "Don't you want to hear my side of all this?"

"FUCK NO! I COULD GIVE A GOOD FUCK WHAT YOUR STORY IS! WHAT I WANT IS FOR YOU TO BACK UP YOUR PIECE OF SHIT MINIVAN SO I CAN GET GAS, YOU DUMB BASTARD!"

Right about that time, we both got snaked on the spot by another vehicle who pulled in from the other direction. Oh man, that was it. This guy was about to be taken out by verbal bullets...

"See what you did? You fuckin' ruined it! Now neither one of us is gonna get gas anytime soon! Why don't you go home and ruin more shit! Go tell your kids Santa isn't real! Tell 'em the Easter Bunny doesn't exist! Go ruin holidays and shit!"

That must've been it, because rather than wait at the station for another pump to open, he put his vehicle in gear and high-tailed out of the lot, a look of fear on his face. I wasn't proud of my behavior as well as hell of embarassing Q, but a part of me was jubilant that I was so quick witted and sharp tongued, i scared some white guy from evar jumping a line again.

No comments: