Monday, July 14, 2008

Best job evar, with ku

So yesterday, my daily craigslist job search search netted this one ad...

Warehouse / Counter sales

Entry level position

Counter sales, strong communication skills required.

Must be bondable.

Must be willing to follow orders and able to lift 70lbs easily

Hours 10:00am to 6:30pm mon to sat


I'm sayin to myself, "Hell, close to home, simple warehousing and countersales, easy shit, besides, i need a job! I send my resume and a brief description as to why I, someone most consider overqualified, can do the job. So today, i get a call from one of the owners of the store, a hydroponic supply warehouse store.... yeah, hydroponics...

So I go in for my "interview", which wasnt really an interview. it was more of a meeting of each other. as soon as the guy called me and told me the job and business, i could tell he was a stoner. as soon as he said, not an interview, more of a meeting of peoples" I though to myself, great, we'll prolly sit around smokin' a blunt or something... lol.
anyway, i get there and sure enough, there's one sickly little older guy working behind the counter and the other, a shirt and tie guy who turns out to be the owner I had spoken with earlier. he's asking me all this pointed questions, trying to get an answer out of me.

"Have you ever been in a hydroponic store before?"

"Are you aware of the clientel who primarily purchases supplies from us?"

"Do you have a problem with selling products and supplies to customers who's primary crop is marijuana?"

"Do you mind being paid under the table?"

In this order... Yes, yes, no and Mind? Are you fuckin' kiddin' me? HELL NO I DON'T MIND!

To confirm his stonerness, he basically said he don't care what is done off duty, but he strictly enforces a no smoking rule while at work or on the property. I have no problem with that!

He said I was the last person "met with" and that he'd call me tonight one way or the other. About 2 hours later, I got the call and was offered the gig. I start tomorrow at noon. will hammer out the details manana, but FY!


Got a job, betches!
Two weights lifted from shoulders
New Job, no drug test!

No comments: